3D or 4D HotAir at 180⁰C
400g plain flour
1 tsp bread soda
Pinch of salt
225g butter at room temperature
175g caster sugar
175g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
350g good quality dark chocolate chips.
*Allergens highlighted in bold.
1. Line the universal pan and 2 baking sheets with non-stick parchment paper.
2. In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In the bowl of the MUM mixer with the stirrer attached, beat the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract on a slow speed for 30 seconds. Turn up the speed and beat until pale and light. Beat in the eggs a little at a time. On the slowest speed stir in the flour mixture and chocolate chips.
4. Split the dough into three pieces. Form each piece of dough into sausage a shape approx 3cm in diameter, using cling film to help. Roll up and seal the ends. Refrigerate until firm.
5. Preheat the oven as you remove dough from fridge.
6. Cut each log into 12 rounds. Place them well spaced apart on the baking sheets.
7. Place the cookies in the oven on shelf levels 1, 3 and 5. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Note: The cookie dough freezes well. Once it is formed into sausage shapes and wrapped, it can be frozen. The dough can be sliced and baked from frozen. Never refreeze defrosted cookie dough.